A Walk in India in the Monsoons – experience the climate of Eden!

Home Forums India – cultural and travel experiences A Walk in India in the Monsoons – experience the climate of Eden!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Antonina 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

EllenSummers
    Participant

India in the monsoons is to my mind the most wonderful climate in the world. Even now, in September, when the cold clutch of autumn lies upon more northern climes, in India the sun shines down warmly, and one’s soul is uplifted by it.

And the sky is filled with beautiful white clouds, and yet not enough to block out the friendly sun. And today I took a walk in a small forest, and the leaves of the trees were such a wonderful shade of green, glowing vibrant and elegant wherever the sunlight took them. Warm days, yet with cooling winds blowing; ah, such a wonderful place, this, the garden of Eden reborn, where life is never threatened by the ever impending frosts of the north, where flowers must never die in the cold hand of Winter. And little butterflies flutter past and dragonflies hover on the winds, and all about me the flowers bloom.

I took these pictures on a walk with a little friend of mine. This is how India looks in the monsoon months, with greenery everywhere.

@jupiter
    @kebin

Anna-marine has a wonderful topic on the monsoons too…
    http://www.indiapalette.com/forums/topic/nature-in-india-during-monsoons/

Antonina
    Participant

[quote=6484]I took a walk in a small forest, and the leaves of the trees were such a wonderful shade of green, glowing vibrant and elegant wherever the sunlight took them. Warm days, yet with cooling winds blowing; ah, such a wonderful place, this, the garden of Eden reborn, where life is never threatened by the ever impending frosts of the north, where flowers must never die in the cold hand of Winter. And little butterflies flutter past and dragonflies hover on the winds, and all about me the flowers bloom.[/quote]

A very poetic description, I enjoyed every word.

Kebin
    Participant

@ellensummers

Very nice. Seems peaceful. I’ve never seen any place during a given monsoon season, in fact I can count the states I’ve visited on one hand here in the US. Never been out of country either. It’s fun to see things like this in pictures and wonder if somewhere they really exist. It’s good to know they do.

I also saw @anna-marine post on the monsoon season. Delightful and enlightening. Here, we are lucky to get a thunderstorm once every month during this time of year. Indiana has very unpredictable weather… but mostly it’s just too damn hot and humid, or too damn cold and windy. Rarely do we see a “just right” scenario. Lol… I’m sure lots of places are like this…

EllenSummers
    Participant

@kebin

Would love to have a big airship someday and go all over the world at leisure. You know, a floating ship in the sky, with lots of accommodation, all the comforts of home, and the ability to visit any nation in the world at will.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  EllenSummers.

Kohei
    Participant

@ellensummers – an interesting idea about the airship, indeed! I’ve made a topic about the idea of having one’s own airship 🙂

http://www.indiapalette.com/forums/topic/airships-a-destiny-of-the-skies-and-freedom/

Antonina
    Participant

Thanks for appreciation, @kebin. We still enjoy rainy days in Mumbai, though in many parts of India the monsoon is over. Perhaps it would be great to go for one of the last photo walks in this season 🙂

Antonina
    Participant

Lots of mushrooms – one more peculiarity of the Indian monsoon 🙂

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.