Recommend a movie

This topic contains 50 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Antonina 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Antonina
    Participant

@bazinga, well, I didn’t mean ti that way. I don’t mind people laughing, I just wanted to know whether the movie is really that funny.

Maddie
    Participant

[quote=12434]@bazinga, well, I didn’t mean ti that way. I don’t mind people laughing, I just wanted to know whether the movie is really that funny. [/quote]

Oh, okay. There were a few funny parts but the movie consisted of mostly action.

Antonina
    Participant

FOr some reason all the movies I’ve tried to watch recently have proven to be rather disappointing. Am I becoming more demanding? The only worthy thing was BBC’s “The Crimson Petal & The White”

[youtube]4EQdkMo6SJ0[/youtube]

A compelling Victorian tale of revenge, The Crimson Petal & The White tells the story of Sugar, an alluring and intelligent young prostitute. Sugar longs for a better life and when she secures the patronage of successful businessman William Rackham, she begins to hatch a scheme that will free her from her life in the slums. However, as their worlds become more entwined, Sugar’s plans set in motion a series of events that will change both their lives forever. It is an engrossing drama with a twist that viewers will want to watch again and again.

Well, I wouldn’t say I’d watch it over and over again, but there was definitely some food for thought, and all the vintage interiors, costumes and things were a pleasure to observe.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  indiapalette.

Antonina
    Participant

Still haven’t seen anything worthy recently, except may be “Mildred Pierce” which was interesting from two aspects – establishing a business in the US during Depression and relationship between a mother and ungrateful daughter.

[youtube]ErPMW9QBUWs[/youtube]

Antonina
    Participant

Has anyone already seen “The Jungle Book”? There are lots of positive reviews, but I still remember myself falling asleep in the cinema when watching “Life of Pi” – in spit of all the excitement around that movie.

[youtube]5mkm22yO-bs[/youtube]

Antonina
    Participant

I think many people would find Medem’s “Ma Ma” boring, and I know in person some of those who actually did. But I watched it with great interest – when a problem speaks to you, every word and every detail is full of meaning.

[youtube]klbTs_w4nWo[/youtube]

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.