This guest post is brought to you by Lysha of Lalco Residency
Travelling is considered one of the educational and yet most relaxing experiences in life. For some people, taking time out from work and other responsibilities means visiting new places, meeting new people, tasting new food, and learning different cultures. But for others, travelling may also be stressful and cause anxiety, which is unfortunate because it defeats the activity’s purpose which is to rejuvenate one’s spirits.
Here are 5 great tips to stop travel anxiety. Take heed of these tips because they help you prepare and enjoy what’s to come ahead.
- Generally, the first thing to do before travelling is to have background information or an idea of the place you are going to. Armed with this information, one will have the confidence and positive attitude while travelling. The following are the most immediate things to learn about a certain place and they are: language, traffic regulations, curfew, and most distinct cultural customs. It is very important to know the following especially when travelling abroad to help you make the most out of your trip and avoid committing a cultural and/or social faux pas.
- Have sufficient resources such as time and funds. To have enough time while travelling is a must because it prevents rushing and forgetting stuff, which may cause you to experience regret. When there is enough time, you may enjoy beautiful sceneries, events, and conversations.
Also, having enough funds when travelling is of the essence because there will always be something to spend on, such as transportation, food, accommodation, entrance fees, and other stuff. It would be a bummer if you were left behind just because you couldn’t pay for transportation or not be able to enter a park just because you didn’t have enough budget to pay for the fees.
- Another tip is to have an itinerary prepared. A traveller’s itinerary is basically a guide or outline of the places to go to and the things to do on your trip. This is very important to have because it contains schedules which will keep you on track. An itinerary which is properly followed prevents the loss of time, unvisited places, undone tasks, and overspending of money.
- Consider having a travel buddy. Having one may be very helpful especially if it is your first time to travel to a strange place. But do not just pick anyone — find someone whom you are very comfortable with and vice versa so that communication is open. It is also highly advisable to find someone who is more adventurous and somewhat of a risk-taker if you are not so as to complement personalities.
- Above everything that has been mentioned, you must have a contingency plan. This means that you should have a plan B in case plan A does not work. Travelling may be costly because it requires time and money and these should not be put to waste just because the original plan did not work out. Planning ahead is very crucial because it helps you foresee probable hindrances which you can prepare for.
Now pack your bags, get your camera rolling, and enjoy!
Lysha works at Lalco Residency – Executive Apartments In Mumbai and she loves her job. Helping clients and monitoring the progress of business strategies along with her leadership skills makes her perfect suit for Hospitality services. You can catchup with Lysha at Lalco Residency in Mumbai.